Travelling is one of the biggest pleasures of life and you remember you do not have to deny yourself even if you’re in student loan debt, credit card debt or mortgage loan. Till the time you’re perfectly meeting your obligations, you can carve out enough space and make budget to include a mini vacation option, even if it is just in your own state.
But, the major question is whether you should travel while you’re in debt or not? Well, people have argues both ways. However, the decision is complicated and probably differs from one person to another. There are financial experts that suggest that you shouldn’t ever travel till you’re completely debt free or have at least cleared out your highest interest debt. But, as you know, human beings are emotional and possibly disagree to it.
Pros of Vacationing:
• Well, when you go out, you rejuvenate yourself and prepare yourself to get rid of this burden with a fresh start. It gives you a new hope of living a happy and content life again and boosts you with positivity.
• Travelling adds to your experience and provides you with amazing ideas that you do not get while you’re sitting in your house.
• Travelling motivates you to save more and helps you learn how to live a budget friendly life.
• You can get this once in a life time experience by going for an affordable vacation too. You can stretch your stay, reside in a mid-scale motel, eat locally and use travel hacks for transmitting and enjoy the best of your vacation.
• If you’re a lavish spender and you do not have control over your hands, then you may end up in severe debt and eventually bankruptcy if you travel in debt.
• You need to learn how to use your credit card while you’re travelling to prevent any further credit card debt. If you have credit card debt from before, then it is advisable that you go for credit card debt consolidation loan and end it as soon as possible.
• You cannot stop living to pay out your debt. However, you need to act smart and spend according to your budget.
It is good to travel temporarily rather than wait for years to get debt free and then move out. You surely need peace of mind and some amazing time for yourself. Debt gives you stress while travelling makes you stress free.
In the end, it is you who has to measure the pros and cons of travelling in debt and choose what is perfect for you and your family. You do not have a correct decision in this condition. All that matters is your desire to continue to clear out your debt and not get derailed. All you need to do is make a balance between your debt clearance and tour expenses. And, eventually you can travel around the world and save enough to clear your debt too. You can also take help from debt counselor to seek suggestions and guidance